Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 3: Monster trucks, Wienermobile














Day three started out earlier than I would have liked since this is technically my vacation time. 6a.m.! Chad had a meeting in Moline and wanted to know if I wanted to keep him company on the drive. Did I mention I'm a zombie in the morning? Not sure if I was such great company...

When we arrived in Moline, I walked my way out of the parking garage and headed to the riverfront to get some picturesque water shots. Eh, not really much happening-grey skies tend to make pictures a little boring. I scared off a couple of cute ducks and was scared off by seƱor snake sunning himself on a rock. Really, guy? All I want to do is take your picture. Smile!

Sauntered (more like slogged-the humidity is terrible today) down the riverwalk, keeping an eye out for potential adult-nappers. Chad pointed out that since I'm not a kid, I can't be kidnapped, but adult-napped. Happened upon a huge gaggle of geese. They were fairly friendly as far as geese go and I was able to hug a couple. Joking. Seriously, when we had Roy and Susie ("pet geese") at home, they would chase us all over the yard. These geese were much nicer.

Made my way to John Deere commons and snapped the requisite tractor photos and abstract artsy shots. I was so obsessed with trying to capture a photo of a train that I followed the tracks to a not so nice part of town. Got out of there quickly sans train shot. Of course as we were leaving town, we crossed the tracks and a train was heading in our direction. "@#$% train!" Chad looked at me like I was crazy.

On the drive back, we sighted a huge-o monster truck and the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile. In my opinion, a day is not complete without seeing the Weinermobile.

-CH

No comments:

Post a Comment