Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 4: The other man
















The other man in my life is my mail-order boyfriend. He is a metrosexual named Dean. And he's used. Wow. This is all sounding so wrong. Let me introduce you to my new guitar.

If Dean were a guy he is a bit flashy, hence the metrosexual part. I bought him on e-bay and the previous owner kept him in perfect condition for the past 6 years. Quite an accomplishment, considering I took Dean to pre-school the other day for show-and-tell and managed to drop the case (the clip came unsnapped from the strap) with Dean inside it. He now has a couple of scratches after a whole week in my care. I'm such a klutz.

After taking lessons for a couple weeks, I know 7 chords and am on my way to learning Hotel California. It's a lonely place...
And my fingers are pretty numb most of the time. Everything I've read on the internet says that it's completely normal to not have feeling in your fingers. Neat. Also, it's a good thing I'm not a girly-girl because fingernails aren't allowed.

Dean is an acoustic/electric, which means that when I start my very own Guitar Hero tribute band, I will be able to plug him in and make all my squeaky mistakes even louder, for all to hear. I'm sure that everyone in the neighborhood will appreciate me rocking out to Taylor Swift.

In case you were wondering, Dean sleeps on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment